Windows 10 Desktop text font

stephen22

Extraordinary Member
Getting to grips with Windows 10. Found High contrast display - very good: now I can see clearly which window is current. Unfortunately it has made the text under the shortcuts on the desktop literally illegible. Can't find out how to fix it. Any help would be welcome.
desktop.jpg

There should be a setting in Display for font color. Please let us know if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. No it doesn't - just alters the colour of text in plain windows.

Rebooting the PC gave me proper text on the desktop, but not the special white "shadowed" desktop text font that you can read against any picture in the background. There are other problems too: the little graphics in some of the pages in Gmail etc don't get displayed at all. This happens with Firefox but not with Microsoft Edge - perhaps there's a sinister reason for this.

I get the impression that the "High Contrast" setting is very much still in development. What it provides that I really want is a clear contrast between the current window and the others. (Important if you have a number of programmes running which have different keyboard shortcuts). Anybody any ideas how this can be achieved without all these problems?

Back