Desperate Actions

Good reason to protect the copies and licenses for W7 that one already has, but there are still a lot of W7 software available on the net.

Yet another mistake by Microsoft. One was when they tried to force companies to go from Win 98 to XP, and several companies refused. Next, Microsoft was forced to continue security support for XP with five years, by customer demand. And now, they seem to want to stop Windows 7 sales at October 30, 2013, when the End of mainstream support is January 13, 2015 and End of extended support is January 14, 2020.

Seems like they want to kill their own products? Dubious policy. I still haven't figured out why no true and strong competition hasn't appeared.

Well, I'll stick to the public promise of extended support til 2020. They are obliged.

Yet another mistake by Microsoft. One was when they tried to force companies to go from Win 98 to XP, and several companies refused. Next, Microsoft was forced to continue security support for XP with five years, by customer demand. And now, they seem to want to stop Windows 7 sales at October 30, 2013, when the End of mainstream support is January 13, 2015 and End of extended support is January 14, 2020.

Seems like they want to kill their own products? Dubious policy. I still haven't figured out why no true and strong competition hasn't appeared.

Well, I'll stick to the public promise of extended support til 2020. They are obliged.
This is a policy known as forced obsoletion or planned obsoletion which has been postulated by those who see Microsoft as unrivalled in the desktop marketplace. This "planned obsolescence" may change if other corporations once again begin to release competing operating systems with cross-platform interoperability. Other factors may also be at work, such as the feasibility of their engineering team supporting multiple versions of what are essentially the same kernel on a monthly basis.

Back
Top Bottom