Windows 10 Device not showing up in Device Manager

djw4250

I have had a particular Arduino Nano working in my PC for about 13 months.
Now it doesn't.
When I connect, or unplug it, I hear the Windows "device connected/disconnected" sound.
However, it does not show up in Device Manager's Com Ports list. (It used to be Com19)
Any ideas how to get it back?

There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to get your Arduino Nano back in Device Manager:

1. Try different USB ports: Sometimes, a USB port can malfunction and cause issues with your Arduino. Try plugging the device into a different USB port on your computer and see if it shows up in Device Manager.

2. Check the USB cable: Try using a different USB cable to connect the Arduino to your computer. Sometimes, the cable can be the culprit in these situations.

3. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart of your computer can fix issues with connecting devices to your computer.

4. Check for driver issues: It's possible that the driver for your Arduino Nano has become corrupted or outdated. You can try reinstalling the driver from the Arduino website.

5. Try a different computer: If none of the above steps work, try connecting the Arduino to a different computer to see if it's recognized there. If it is, then the issue is likely with your computer or its settings.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your Arduino Nano back in Device Manager.

I plugged and unplugged the offending Nano while watching what changed in the list of Coms Ports in Device Manager.
That way I saw that it was actually Port 13 and not19 that Air Manager was looking for.
I went in to the PC's Registry and renamed it to something sensible - "Annunciators Nano (Com 13)"
Then I went into Air Manager and deleted the Nano it was looking for on Com 19 and then told AM to flash it.
AM found it, flashed it and looked happy with itself.
I then started up P3D to try it out.
Success.

Back