Windows 8 DHCP network error causing freezing, no BSOD

Freezer

I installed Windows 8 Pro two nights ago, and I've been getting constant freezing. It happens anywhere from at log in, to 45min after log in, and requires a force restart of my computer. I've boiled it down to being a problem with DHCP. I did not have this problem at ALL with windows 7, and have tried every single possible solution I've found regarding this on the internet, but nothing has helped. All my drivers are up to date and W8 compatible. I've disabled IPv6, reset my router to factory settings, tried cmd workarounds, changed web browser, nothing works. Here's the error log entry that is recurring:

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x7670028DA838. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

If someone could please help me, it'd be great. I'm getting closer and closer to reinstalling windows 7, I've never had this problem before. And yes, I HAVE done a full reinstall of W8, didn't help.

Thank you

Without more information regarding your system and specifics relating to your actual network devices (Adapter you are using, wireless or wired, Router involved that is potentially supplying DHCP information, driver versions and dates, firmware versions, etc.,) it is difficult to venture a guess.
While Windows 8 does a pretty good job natively supplying drivers for various hardware devices, typically you may find that the hardware manufacturer is generally the best source of the latest and most robust driver for a particular product.
So if you could take some time and fill out your system specs in your profile page of this site http://windows8forums.com/windows-8-errors-bsods/5278-help-us-help-you-please-read.html and provide some specifics about your network.
1. Wireless or Wired
2. Adapter Manufacturer Name
3. Adapter Model Name
4. Any additional numbers or firmware revision designation with respect to the adapter
5. Router Manufacturer Name
6. Router Model Name
7. Any additional number or firmware revision designation with respect to the router

Back