kgash

Extraordinary Member
I've been having problems getting PC to sleep after a period of time. With some help from this forum, it was fixed a couple of months ago.
Yesterday I had to reinstall drivers for my AMD graphics card and now I am back to the no sleep problem.
Anyone have any ideas

Windows 10 home 64 21H1 Build 19043.1466
ASRock B450 Pro4 MOBO
MSI Radeon RX 5700 DirectX 12 RX 5700 EVOKE
Crucial P1 1TB NVMe PCIe
AMC Radeon RX 5700 GPU (Driver er. 19.30.02)
16 GB DDR4 DRAM
EVGA 650 B5 PSU
2 Viewsonic monitors, 1 on HDMI and 1 on DP
Microsoft HD Webcam C615 (Microphone)

To resolve the issue of your PC not entering sleep mode after reinstalling drivers for your AMD graphics card, you can try the following steps:

1. Update or Roll Back Drivers:
- Ensure you have the latest drivers for your AMD graphics card. Visit the AMD website to download and install the latest driver version.
- If the issue started after updating the driver, consider rolling back to the previous version that was working fine.

2. Disable Wake Timers:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the command: powercfg -devicequery wake_armed to check which devices can wake up your PC.
- Disable wake timers for problematic devices by using the command: powercfg -devicedisablewake "Device Name".

3. Check Power Settings:
- Press Win + X, then select "Power Options".
- Click on "Choose when the computer sleeps" and adjust the settings to enable sleep mode after a specific time of inactivity.

4. Check Power Plan Settings:
- Press Win + X and select "Power Options".
- Make sure the selected power plan isn't preventing the PC from entering sleep mode after a specified idle time.

5. Run Power Troubleshooter:
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Select "Power" and run the troubleshooter to identify and fix power-related issues.

6. Update Windows:
- Ensure your Windows system is up to date by installing the latest updates. Sometimes, new updates may contain fixes for power-related issues.

7. Check Event Viewer:
- Open Event Viewer (Win + X > Event Viewer) and check for any errors or warnings related to power/sleep issues. This could provide more insights into the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue of your PC not entering sleep mode after reinstalling graphics card drivers.

Back