Digital river download link not working

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Woodsonpd, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Woodsonpd

Woodsonpd New Member

I clicked on the download link in my e-mail to download the manager to get windows 7 and when i did this i got an error message telling me unable to connect to the download site, please try again later. so i closed internet explorer and tried again in firefox, and go the error message
    Sorry,

Too many download attempts: 16. You were allowed to download only 10 times.

If you have any questions, please contact Digital River Customer Service at CustomerServices@digitalriver.com.

I have only tried to download it 4 times, and it will not let me. Does anyone have a solution to this? I have been waiting for 45 minutes for a response from digital rivers customer support.

2. anthp

anthp Honorable Member

Exactly the same here Digital River is the worst internet experiance ever crap the first time i clicked on the link it replyed i had downloded too mainy times and I stupidly paid extra for extended downloads I have read on another forum this alowes unlimeted downloads for 2 years I am so anoyed at getting this treatment I can hardly type look at other forums this compainy has an awful reputation dont use it I will never again I also orderd a backup disk should come in 3 to 4 weeks !!! I would love a telephone number so I could speak to someone

anthonyplace@gmail.com

3. andy928

andy928 New Member

I am having exactly the same problem. I attempted the download just after midnight when the email with the download link and activation key first came through. I instantly received the error - "too many download attempts".

I have also purchased the extended download service which makes the situation so much more frustrating. I have sent 2 emails to Digital River and spent an hour on the phone to Microsoft this morning.

Microsoft have told me that they can't do much about the situation as it is a problem with Digital River. However, they have referred my case to the management team who will call me back sometime this afternoon.

At least I am not alone in this problem, and hopefully it is an issue which they are trying to fix.

4. Woodsonpd

Woodsonpd New Member

Alright! I have the solution for anyone else having this problem. call this number 1-888-922-1864, it is the digital rivers customer service line. talk to a customer service rep. and explain the problem and ask them to increase your download limit. problem solved!

5. andy928

andy928 New Member

That's an american number though. I'm in the UK and that would cost me a fortune to phone. I haven't been able to find a UK number.

6. Woodsonpd

Woodsonpd New Member

7. ewestland

ewestland New Member

Thanks Woodsonpd! I called the number from Europe (With Skype), got through in about 6 minutes and they increased my download limit as well. I'd been fighting this for 8 hours without a phoen number.

8. tblount

tblount New Member

They are just swamped. Once you get the small file that kick starts the download it'll be alright.

I put my 64 bit here : http://perfectflyer.com/DLMWin7HP64US.exe that's just the small program that downloads win 7 64 bit. If someone wants to give me the one that downloads the 32 bit version I'll post it too.

9. bacardibatman

bacardibatman New Member

from Digital River, Inc. http://www .digitalriver.com/contacts.html hope it helps

[FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman]Contacts
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman]Digital River, Inc.
    Corporate Headquarters
    [/FONT]
    9625 West 76th Street Suite 150
    Eden Prairie, MN 55344

[FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman]Digital River, Inc.
    International Offices
    [/FONT]
    Albany House
    Market Street
    Maidenhead
    Berkshire, United Kingdom, SL6 8BE
    [FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman][/FONT][FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman]Marketing[/FONT]
    Corporate Office marketing@digitalriver.com
    International Office
    marketing@digitalriver.co.uk

[FONT=verdana, chicago, times new roman]Customer Service[/FONT]

#9 bacardibatman, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  10. ekale

ekale New Member

Contact details for digital river

FOR THOSE WANTING TO CONTACT DIGITAL RIVER ON THE PHONE!!!!
    THE NUMBER IS ...

0808 101 9178

I CUDNT FIND A CHEAP ALTERNATIVE NUMBER I'M AFRAID BUT I HOPE THIS HELPS!:mad:

GUD LUCK GUYS!!:p