Windows 7 Digital signature needed - no Updates

CRAPPIE

Hi
Have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6980 W7 X64. Hard drive crashed..installed WD replacement and installed the 3 discs for windows 7 Premium and the disc for drivers. Got message "Windows cannot verify Digital
Signature for the drivers........... So re-re-re installed the 3 Windows discs.... went to Toshiba's website and installed the most current 20-ish drivers and have spent hours and hours...[and yes also checked the time-date-year to be current] and i still have to press F8 each time. I cannot download Windows updates etc...but starting with F8 I do now at least have Wifi-sound-internet etc but am restricted. Can anyone help resolve this issue??
I am so tired of this. Thanks in advance:mad:

So your system runs normally if you do not install drivers?

You are using this Link Removed due to 404 Error site, and did you notice the Registry patch, and is it relevant?

HI

CANNOT INSTALL ANY WINDOWS UPDATES SINCE THE COPY DATE OF 2009....I IMAGINE I NEED SOME BUT CAN'T GET ANY BECAUSE OF THE BLOCK...I CAN SIRF THE WEB...I DID DOWNLOAD THE MOST UP TO DATE DRIVES FROM TOSHIBA...I DID BUY THE UNIT FROM BEST BUY [ WHO WANT $130 TO RE INSTALL THE RESTORE AND NEW DRIVERS WHICH I ALREADY HAVE DONE] IT'S A P I T A TO CONSTANTLY ON REBOOT TO GO TO f8 AND NEGATE THE SINATURE... BUT I HAVE BEEN KEEPING IN HIBERNATE TO AVOID THIS..CAN'T DO ANY WINDOWS OPERATIONS LIKE DEFRAG..ETC BECAUSE OF THE LOSS OF DIGITAL SIGNATURE... INSTALLING A LOOP TO AVOID GOING THROUGH THE PROCESS IS NOT THE HASSEL...IT'S NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT BACK TO IT'S OLD SELF. I HAVE MY OLD HD AND WAS THINKING OF TRYING TO MAKE A MIRROR IMAGE OF THE DRIVE...BUT BEFORE I TOOK OUT THE OLD ONE..I DID TRY TO DO THAT ABOUT 5 TIMES...EACH TIME IT ABORTED/FAILURE.... IT'S JUST FRUSTRATING...TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS WITH A PURCHASED WINDOWS SOFTWARE PACKAGE THAT IS NOT 100%

What you seem to be going through is not normal. Where did you get the restore media you seem to be using? Was there an Windows 7 install DVD in your package?

Any pictures of error messages may help someone see the problem. Use the snipping tool and attach with the paperclip on the advanced replies window.

Are you certain about the signatures being needed for the drivers, and not some type of OEM pre-install for the new hard drive. I cannot be of much help with that since I have not used an OEM version in some time.

What you seem to be going through is not normal. Where did you get the restore media you seem to be using? Was there an Windows 7 install DVD in your package?

Any pictures of error messages may help someone see the problem. Use the snipping tool and attach with the paperclip on the advanced replies window.

Are you certain about the signatures being needed for the drivers, and not some type of OEM pre-install for the new hard drive. I cannot be of much help with that since I have not used an OEM version in some time.

You are on the right track for sure....
Thanks for the response...right now it's on hold.... for a week or so... I did get the home made recovery by the Geek Squad and that may the reason.I am thinking on the same line....the id# AKA providing the authenticity = Digital Signature....may of be messed up in the disc itself...I have within the last hour spent 1/2 hour with a gentlemen from Toshiba and I think... I ordered a Factory made recovery set....which was free..../. but the postage was $25. But if it works... I will be able to sleep. I am hoping the recovery disc them selves were the problem. I would have made one myself... but I had one from the retailer..and trusted it. PS Never again.... from now on it's a Mirror image restore for this guy... if i ever get the thing to work... if not i will be back on the tread..... and I will report on the hopeful success of Toshiba and the @@##^&*&#@ of Best Buys Back up. There is at least HOPE. Going fishing now and put this out of my mind.:modest:

PART 3 OR 4..
Alright... I did purchase Toshiba's Custom Made Restore Instal Discs as suggested..... Same outcome but I am in a real FUNK now and actually am depressed by the cyber software control freaks that are so paranoid about Pirated Software that an honest school teacher has to spend hours and hours because of a digital signature.... whether it's for a driver or whatever. I really only want to update my Laptop to current standards... seems like everything .... in such a pain. Any solid ideas would be appreciated... really don't want to do all of this again...can't seem to get any Toshiba people to talk to me cause the unit was bout about 1 1/2 years ago. Thanks in advance...

You are on the right track for sure....
Thanks for the response...right now it's on hold.... for a week or so... I did get the home made recovery by the Geek Squad and that may the reason.I am thinking on the same line....the id# AKA providing the authenticity = Digital Signature....may of be messed up in the disc itself...I have within the last hour spent 1/2 hour with a gentlemen from Toshiba and I think... I ordered a Factory made recovery set....which was free..../. but the postage was $25. But if it works... I will be able to sleep. I am hoping the recovery disc them selves were the problem. I would have made one myself... but I had one from the retailer..and trusted it. PS Never again.... from now on it's a Mirror image restore for this guy... if i ever get the thing to work... if not i will be back on the tread..... and I will report on the hopeful success of Toshiba and the @@##^&*&#@ of Best Buys Back up. There is at least HOPE. Going fishing now and put this out of my mind.:modest:

It might be something they did when making the disk set like burning at high speed. The Windows ISO was touchy and needed to be burned at 4X max. I'm not impressed by the Geek Squad here.
Joe

Right... but I just bought the NEW Discs from Toshiba....after trying the Best Buy Discs... They were [supposedly] made for the specific model etc by Toshiba...think they would have the correct speed?? Don't know..these last disc were not Home Made

Hello CRAPPIE, Link Removed - Invalid URL to Windows 7 Forums

Shot in the dark here or maybe off-base Link Removed - Invalid URL, but check the .cab files for the unsigned or invalid drivers, if any are empty or only contain a 1 zero-length file, that maybe the cause, which you may be able to correct by inserting dummy data of 20 characters and see if it validates then.

You may also want to check the WinTrust.dll, making sure it's there and not damaged or corrupted.
Location; C:/Windows/System32

Any pics as Saltgrass suggested may be of some help

I replaced the hard drive and used the recovery media paid for from Best Buy and was told i needed "THE" Factory recovery discs to solve the problem stated below.

I ordered ...received..installed.. the Windows 7 recovery set of disc from Toshiba and cannot use the computer without being in the safe mode F8 highlight ignore Digital Signature. When not in the special mode...code 52 appears and prompts that
Windows requires digitally signed driver
Recently installed program tried to install an unsigned driver. This version of windows requires all drivers to have a valid digital signature. The driver is unavailable.
User mode driver framework foundation
Service WUDFRd
Location C:\Windows\system3.....
WUDFRs.sys

I need help and want to download updates ... but this system of recovery discs does not provide me with a digital signature to inable me to do that plus many other downloads.
I NEED HELP

I WOULD OF THOUGHT THAT BUYING FROM THE FACTORY...WOULD NOT CAUSE THIS PROBLEM. WOULD YOU PLEASE EDUCATED ME TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM ASAP. WE ARE EDUCATORS AND NEED TO USE THE LAPTOP..SATALITTE S550

Just send that above blurb to Toshiba..
I composed about a 30 minute response for you two but ... of course the town's servers went down and lost all of it.

When i get a chance i will try to do what you asked above to check...I went on to Toshiba blogs and have found more people with the same problems without anything solved .. so far..
http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/Satelite-P505-S8980-digital-signiture-errors-after-restoring/m-p/194164#M8402

You stated to check for corrupt files dls etc... it occured to me... i don't know how to check to see if they are corrupt or not.:(I might be able to find them ..but lack the abily to check control of them individually...

Back
Top Bottom