Disable or block Windows XP games from Server 2003 Active Directory??

Psyckus

Hi everyone,

I've been looking everywhere for a specific guide to block or disable default games (Minesweeper, Solitaire, etc) in windows XP Pro, but I want to know if I can do it from the Active Directory server which runs Windows Server 2003. I want to know if there is a way to do it from there so I don't have to do it directly from the XP PCs one by one.

Please help, hope I can get a specific guide on how to do it, if there is a way.

Thanks in advance and regards.

You certainly can by using a Group Policy on your domain,

You could add the paths to the games to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Software Restriction Policies > Additional Rules

A good start would be by adding these:
%SystemRoot%\system32\freecell.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\mshearts.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\sol.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\spider.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\winmine.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone
C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball\PINBALL.EXE

Also if you take away Admin rights on your domain then people can't install any new games :)

A bit like locking the door to a glass house but yes, group policy will keep most people from playing the games

You certainly can by using a Group Policy on your domain,

You could add the paths to the games to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Software Restriction Policies > Additional Rules

A good start would be by adding these:
%SystemRoot%\system32\freecell.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\mshearts.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\sol.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\spider.exe
%SystemRoot%\system32\winmine.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone
C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Pinball\PINBALL.EXE

Also if you take away Admin rights on your domain then people can't install any new games :)
Thanks a lot, but how do add these (sorry I'm quite new to GP) I right click on Additional Rules. Do I have to add them as New Certificate, Hash, Internet Zone or Path rule? Or is there another way?

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 385
Back
Top Bottom