Windows 7 Disable UAC for Specific Applicatons (shortcut), Not enitre System

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit:
Is there a way to change the UAC settings or disable it for a particular shortcut (application) on my computer? I don't want to change all UAC controls for my system because I still want the added security, however, on applications that I know are installed on my computer, there should be a way. Then I won't be nagged each time.
Thanks

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit:
Is there a way to change the UAC settings or disable it for a particular shortcut (application) on my computer? I don't want to change all UAC controls for my system because I still want the added security, however, on applications that I know are installed on my computer, there should be a way. Then I won't be nagged each time.
Thanks

I've seen event scheduler hacks that claim to do this but I wouldn't really trust them.

The safest answer is "No, they don't let you do that".

And for what it's worth... I would give my eye teeth for a "while list" in the UAC.

Yes I saw the Scheduler hack too and did not want to go that route. You're right about the "UAC Acceptance List". That would be great. Lets give that idea to Microsoft. Maybe they will fix it in 3-4 years.
Thanks

I downloaded and gave it a try. It did not work. I will play with it more in the next few days with other programs and see if it works at all. Thanks

I agree especially on a single user machine.
Joe

May I say "X 2" ?

I run a really tight ship, so to speak, and I surely don't need no OS asking me "are you sure" every five minutes.

I just run a little script to "Disable UAC", and that does it.

By the way, for anyone using AVG 9.0 Pro, the new AVG Anti Virus 2011 is now available for download.
I just got it yesterday. I love it!

Spybot Search & Destroy has a new version out.

Cheers Mates!
Old Timer

Back