Windows 8 Disabling restart screen in Windows 8

RonM

Hi, anyone know of a way to remove this screen when restarting Windows?

Thanks,
RonM
wqy0xg.jpg

Hi

I don't think you can, but why would you want to?

At least you know what it's doing, otherwise you would just have a black screen while Windows is loading and wonder if it's working or not.

If you mean can you skip the loading process, you can't it just has to do it's thing.

Unlike the Windows that you can change, this kind of thing is coded in and doesn't have an option to modify it or substitute something in it's place, especially since it's animated and not just a .jpg image.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. The reason I want to disable the restart screen is to "camouflage" the fact that the computer is running Windows- the computer is in something like an industrial computer setting and is supposed to feel as little as possible like a home/office computer.

Hi again.

Well, I'm pretty sure there is no way to do it, but maybe someone else here has some ideas.

I suppose you could leave the monitor off until the computer is booted (I do that all the time because I have everything except the computer on a master power button, so I just turn on my computer and go have coffee) but once the start screen comes up it's pretty obvious that it's running Windows.

How often do you need to Restart your computer?
The only time I do that is when I'm installing updates or software that requires it, so it doesn't happen that often.

Mike

Back