Windows 7 Display Positioning Reverts on each Login

jchap1590

Hello,

I am new to this forum and hope you guys can help with this issue I have been having!

I have two monitors run off an XFX Radeon HD 6870. One monitor is slightly higher because it sits on a different surface than the other. I'm very fussy about things so I want the screen positioning to be just so that even with on monitor physically lower, they are both displayed on the same plane. I can easily accomplish this by going to the screen resolution settings (system settings, not AMD) and re-positing the higher monitor higher. This is a great great solution, until I have to reboot or log out. When i log back in the screens are have reverted back to their default positioning (top of both screens are aligned). Not a huge issue, I know, but annoying. I can't find anything on troubleshooting it because all the results I get are for application window sizing and position. I am even more frustrated by the fact that the display positioning is maintained initially upon login but reverts within 2 seconds thereafter.

Screenshots attached if I'm not explaining this well.

Thanks in advance for any responses!
Let's hope I get more feedback than I did on tomshardware.... (ZERO)

Attachments

• What the default screen positioning looks like, and reverts to.png
    What the default screen positioning looks like, and reverts to.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 262
  • What my display positioning should be set to.png
    What my display positioning should be set to.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 289
Back
Top Bottom