Windows 10 DLL No entry point found

Halfmens

Trying for some time now to find a fix for this problem.
I need to address a number of commands contained in a DLL, using Visual Basic 6.0

Normally I use regsrv32 exe to register the DLL, however, I receive the error:
The module LS9-IF-(Dot) DLL was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

(regsvr32 exe is opened in administrator mode, run as admin)

Subsequently my VB6.0 application returns an error message:
Run time error 453
Can't find entry point LS9IF_USBOpen in LS9_IF DLL

The DLL is situated in:
C:\windows\sytem32\
C:\VB6\
D:\VB6\Develop\LS9000\ This is the directory containing the VB6 code.

O.S.: Windows 10
Checked for Malware (SuperAntiSpyware Pro) also using Norton Securaty (Full) against Virusses.

Can I address the DLL (from Visual Basic 6.0) without using regsvr32 or how can I get rid of this problem?
Due to economical reasons is an upgrade to VB Dot Net no option.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

When you call regsvr32 on a dll, it has to contain the function DllRegisterServer in it's code and DllUnregisterServer. If you are getting that error then that function is missing or corrupt in the IAT. Can you re-download the Dll? You can call other functions from the Dll with rundll32.exe provided you know the name of the functions and their corresponding paramaters. You may be able to identify the entry points with CFF Explorer www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

Visual Studios has a community version which is completely free, so there shouldn't be any reason you can't go to VB.NET Downloads | Visual Studio
Point taken, however, the "economical" reason is twofold:

The application to be changed has been under development for the last 25 years, everytime new functionallity had to be added to control new electronics or measuring Lasers etc.. This was all done in VB6.0
To re-write the application in VB DotNet will be extremely time consuming.

Secondly, I am 70 years old and have trouble understanding VB DotNet. As sort of hobby I am still trying to change the application to communicate with the instrument (using VB6.0)but I don't feel comvertable to go back to school to learn a new programming language.

Back