Windows 10 Do you still have a computer on the Insider Program?

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I'm interested in starting this discussion just to find out who is still on the Insider Program and why - do you intend to use it on planning new roll-outs of future builds, or is there a broader plan in mind for software development. Perhaps you just want to be up on times? Besides the obvious reason of some people not having a Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it would be interesting to know what you intend to do with the "Insider Program". Enjoying testing new software developments is interesting, as well.

Not me.
As soon as the official upgrade was released, I cancelled it.
I have no interest in another long build up, with its many inconsistencies, to the next OS. Too old. LOL

I updated my win7 to 10. I will continue the insider as I did before in VBOX until I get bored with it. Especially if nothing interesting comes along.

I've got it on a VM and will use it to try and keep up on new developments. My windows 7 runs fine for my needs and is about 6 years old. I'll run until it dies or end of support.
Joe

I'm interested in starting this discussion just to find out who is still on the Insider Program and why - do you intend to use it on planning new roll-outs of future builds, or is there a broader plan in mind for software development. Perhaps you just want to be up on times? Besides the obvious reason of some people not having a Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it would be interesting to know what you intend to do with the "Insider Program". Enjoying testing new software developments is interesting, as well.
Dear Mike,
May you please provide the information that what is the difference between Insider Pro_10240 and Upgraded Windows 10
as I have already Installed Pro_10240 in a partition of my computer as I am running it from Technical Preview and with all upgrades
I am now on this.
Is any thing other in Windows upgrade by Windows 8.1 which I am also running on other partition of my computer.
Can you please suggest me what I have to do? use this Windows 10 Upgraded by Pro_10240 or Upgrade my Windows 8.1 for Windows 10
Thanks

No, no Insider installs and only one test system running Windows 10.

I was not happy with the feedback from the original program. I am guessing it will be very boring for the next year... keeping a forum open for those still in the program may be a waste of resources.

Hi

I don't have Windows 8 installed so I have to go through the process of reinstalling 8 and then upgrading to 8.1 and then to 10.
I wish they had made it possible to go directly from 8 to 10.

I purchased a new SSD and installed it yesterday, I'm going to do a factory reset of Windows 8 on that and work my way up.
Hopefully I'll be able to get to it tomorrow.

Once I'm back up to 10, I'll remove insider preview.

Mike

Yep, still an Insider... in VirtualBox.

Not planning on upgrading any of my main machines who are all on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.
I'm a "privacy-guy" so (even with advanced tweaking) Windows 10 is not an option !
But that's not the only reason... I just don't like the way MS is heading to !

In the future I probably going to run Linux as main system and all other OS's in VirtualBox.
I've got Linux Mint and Debian running (as VM's) and am quite happy with them.

OTT

I left the insider a couple of weeks before the final version came out. I don't need to be testing for new apps or upgrades for 10.

Back
Top Bottom