Insider Preview Does One Drive have an Access Log?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Does any know if there is a way to monitor if files in a Public One Drive Folder are being accessed? I am thinking about putting a link in a forum and would like to know if that folder has been accessed and possibly how many times.

I found a thread on the Microsoft site where the suggest has been made and one responder mentions Microsoft Share Point.

Also, anyone have any warnings about best practices for giving a link in a public forum? For instance, do I need to change some permission to make the Public folder or specific linked folder read only?

Thanks...

I'm not sure, but WHS does this all the time with his video tutorials on dual-booting. You might give him a shout and see what/how his setup/permissions are.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
I am trying to go through different scenarios regarding how to share. One thing I think I have learned is to not share publically a link to your public folder. Unless that link can be removed, everyone would always have access to that folder. This would not seem to be good....

I think I can put a folder in the Public folder and link to it. If I remove the folder, the link would be broken, so that is what I will try next.

I just started trying to use OneDrive and am very afraid I will end up giving access to folks that should not have it.

Thanks.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
I see on the folders on OneDrive site being accessed by the link, it does show how many have viewed/downloaded the folder, so I guess that answers the original question...

If I have a folder which shows 100,000 views, I will know I messed up !!! :red_smile:

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.