Does this price seem right?

KrystalK

I was looking at Walmart.com for a computer for my grandaughter, and since she does not need a monitor I found this for only $148., does this even seem right, where it is so cheap?? Just want to make sure this is all she will need. Thanks for any help Krystal.

walmart.jpg Click on that tiny block of letters to see what it says, it is the specs of the computer.

I was looking at Walmart.com for a computer for my grandaughter, and since she does not need a monitor I found this for only $148., does this even seem right, where it is so cheap?? Just want to make sure this is all she will need. Thanks for any help Krystal.

View attachment 23513 Click on that tiny block of letters to see what it says, it is the specs of the computer.

I have to say HP is really poor in heat dissipation. I regrets having bought a laptop HP Pavilion g4. Hope its desktop computer is good.

Last edited:
I agree with dikbozo.

I cannot comment on the price, as I live in a different part of the world. But the whole computer is old and with low specs. Even the graphics card will give poor performance, but you can change that out (For yet more money!)
I think if you want buying advice on this forum, it could be a good idea to tell us how old is your daughter and for what purpose will she be using the computer.
Perhaps, also, in this day and age, she/you, might consider a laptop?

Yeah the machine is quite old, I mean for an older person who does basic operations it would be fine, personally I would slap on a light linux onto it and bypass XP but even that is pushing it

I wouldn't buy anything in computers from a big store. You won't get any expertise there, when you need it. Small computer stores offer personal service, they will be there afterwards too, and help you with any issues you have. It may cost slightly more to start with, but in the end it will pay.

Buying a coffee maker is ok, in a supermarket. ;)

Last edited:
Back