Windows 7 Dont know what video card I have

LeeLooD

Hi.
My brother gave me his computer and it has windows 7 installed. The problem is that the screen resolution is 1024 x 768 and it doesn't look good at all, the fonts and icons are too big and it looks disproportionate. I checked the resolution configuration screen and seems to be that the video card driver is not installed, so its running on "standard" VGA configuration.
The video card brand is NVIDIA because I saw it on the properties but, how do I find the right driver for it? is there any way to find this out?
I don't have the packages or anything to help me find out.
thank you for your help.

Hi, install this:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Choose any video card, it doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is to get the correct 32 or 64 bit version.

Right click on "Computer" -> click on "properties" -> click on "device manager". Under device manager, click the little plus sign next to "display adapters", what video card does it say?

Bill2 said:
Right click on "Computer" -> click on "properties" -> click on "device manager". Under device manager, click the little plus sign next to "display adapters", what video card does it say?

With no drivers installed, this step will likely give you give you generic adapter information.

To find out what kind of card you have, download GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

The program is freeware, and will give you detailed, technical information about your card irregardless of driver.

I did install that program but the info is not nearly complete. It only says is NVIDIA.. that's it! The other thing I found out is that the slot is AGP so I guess that makes it old, right?
dunno what to do, i should probably buy a new video card.

Have you tried updating the driver by right clicking on the device in the device manager?

Another thing you can try is to install a freeware or trial driver updater program, that may identify what you need.

Also what model is the computer?

You probably have a very old 5200 or something then. Try installing this if you have 32 bit:

ForceWare Release 95

If you want me to tell you exactly what you have, right click standard vga in the device manager under display adapter. Choose properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to say hardware ids. Copy and paste the 4 lines of results to a new post here.

Back