Windows 10 Don't Understand One Drive function

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I offloaded 4500 photos to my new 256GB SSD drive. One Drive says it is now full. I can go in and delete a bunch of them but it seems this SSD drive should fit all of them. Is One Drive also filled with other stuff of mine? Is it the cloud? That's all I can figure. Thanks.

It's a cloud service, and it's full not your ssd :)

I kind of thought that but the photos show up in two places. A file folder on my hard drive and the One Drive gadget. Both show alerts --- as long as the SSD is ok, I'll just ignore until I get around to deleting the overage. Thanks.

Well, one drive is becoming a giant pain! I have gone in and removed, deleted -- whatever and it keeps syncing more. How do I stop it from all this syncing? Help...............................

onedrive or skydrive is part of your Microsoft account and can be controlled from Microsoft login

all your devices can be adjusted from there and new folders or files can be uploaded or share | sync but onedrive folders default to C / users / onedrive on a local system and that is why I don't use it myself

p.s, yes it is possible to disable onedrive from your local system i.e, without login to Microsoft but the app is designed to block that and the exact steps needed to workaround the blocks will depend on what build of Windows you have so most people are better off doing it the normal way imo

Thanks for the input. I found a window that said, "stop one drive" so I did that. However, before I triggered that I tried to log into my msn account and msn said, not available now. may be due to plugins that affect internet traffic which is what you mentioned in your p.s. I don't know what to do at this point. I also deleted all 4500 photo files off my one drive folder - it took them off my system which confuses me as I thought that was cloud stuff. Win 10 a bit too busy for my taste. I restored the photos to my hard drive and now they jump around instead of presenting a thumbnail view of picture. PIA!!

Back