Windows 7 double prob with windows 7

abdourronie

HI....
when windows starts i get this
1-Link Removed - Invalid URL
2-Link Removed - Invalid URL

the second prb appeared after removing internet explorar 9 which i installed from windows updates
the first i don't know how it appeared

is there any solutions?????????

The one about Windows Live is probably related to the add-on to IE9 that allowed for signing in to Windows Live IDsign-in helper. Maybe you need to add that option back to your current browser, or disable it if installed.

The other one seems related to Javascript so you might play with some of the settings in Tools-Internet Options, or perhaps reinstall some java component.

Are you using just one browser and have not tried Firefox or something else?

IE9 is a little different, but I am starting to get used to it. :insanity:

OK,
i disabled some options like ID-sign helper after installing explorer 9 to get it fast 'cos it's really slow ............i don't even remember what i exactly disable.......

so how can i add it to the browser now ????

about the second i think that some dll files missing and i don't know what is or how to search for it ..........

oh yeh i use only one browser.............

but i think explorer 9 has many probs

You might start by opening an administrative command prompt. Type the following followed by enter and let it work. Maybe it will fix some things.

sfc /scannow

Adding add-ons back might be done through Windows Live, but I have no experience with that. Give it some time, it may need to catch up by itself.

If you are now using IE8, there is a reset button on the Tools-Internet options-Advanced page. It will remove your history and some other things, so check what it does before you click it.

When you go to the Dell Folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Support Center\sscommon\common\inc\ss_shellinclude.js), where is that, on your computer? If not, do you have a link?

To get the JavaScript to work, I found this Microsoft site, so you might try it. There are also scripting options on the Tools-Internet Options-advanced, if you haven't looked at them.

Did you use the approved process to uninstall IE9?

If i were you I would reinstall dell support center. A new version may have came out. and for the sign in problem i recommend you uninstall ie9 and get ie8 or another browser

As far as getting the Windows Live Sign-in helper back, I would suggest you first try going to Control Panel-Programs and Features. Look for Windows Live Essentials and right click and select Repair. It should show up under Tools-Manage Add-ons-Toolbars and extensions.

If that doesn't work, unless someone know how to reinstate a BHO, I would think about reinstalling Windows Live.

tnx a lot i reinstalled it and so the first prob is gone................about windows live ID prob it still remaining , the prob appeared after uninstalling IE9 and restoring the 8
If i were you I would reinstall dell support center. A new version may have came out. and for the sign in problem i recommend you uninstall ie9 and get ie8 or another browser

it only shows uninstall or change and not repair
As far as getting the Windows Live Sign-in helper back, I would suggest you first try going to Control Panel-Programs and Features. Look for Windows Live Essentials and right click and select Repair. It should show up under Tools-Manage Add-ons-Toolbars and extensions.

If that doesn't work, unless someone know how to reinstate a BHO, I would think about reinstalling Windows Live.

you can stop ie from booting by going to add/remove programs and on the side click on turn windows features on/off, and find internet explorer and uncheck the box to disable it. You may need to get a new browser like firefox or google chrome. but ie is slow and insecure so i would recommend getting a new browser. to turn ie back on go back to windows features on/off and check it. That second error should never appear again

hey :hand:
finally i found the solution :cool:

I removed the WLIDSVCM.EXE (Windows Live ID Service Monitor) from C>Program Files>Common Files> Microsoft Share>Window Live>WLIDSVCM.EXE

the prob about Windows Live Id assistant is gone;)

Wlidsvc.exe And Wlidsvcm.exe are two processes that run in the background which show as the process in task manager for Windows Live Services. These processes are NOT spyware or any kind of virus but just unnecessary services that take up huge system resources.

Ending these processes will not disable/uninstall the Bing bar but will just disable the Windows Live Sign In Assistant Tool​

Back