Windows 7 Driver for Logitech Quick Cam Pro 5000

GaryLog

Cannot install driver for Logitech Quick Cam Pro 5000 webcam, It tells me that there are none capatablities issues with this driver (Vista 64bit) in compatablity mode. If I tell it to install it anyway, windows 7 will crash. This webcam works great with Vista.
Does any one have the same issues and have you been able to install it. This has been the same problem with the orginal Windows 7 Beta. I was hoping that the new RC would be able to install it.

I have the same problem with my Logitech Fusion webcam.

Hope Logitech is working on Windows 7 x64 drivers...

I am using Windows 7 RTM x64 and also have problem to install the Logitech Vid software for Windows Vista 64 bit.

Download the Vista 32 or 64bit version of the software for the device. Then use WinRAR or similar and extract the exe to a folder. Within the folder you should have a bunch of folders and files. Try running the 'setup.exe' in compatibility mode for Vista. You will likely get an error or two but it should work, as it did for my QC4000.

If you just want the cam to work and don't use the software itself then you can go into Device Manager and 'Imaging Devices'. The cam should be listed there, then you can choose to 'Update device..' and point Windows to the folder you already extracted earlier, specifically the 'Drivers' folder. The cam may not be listed under 'Imaging Devices' but rather under 'Unknown Devices'. This also worked for my QC4000 when I simply wanted cam functionality without the software.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Download the Vista 32 or 64bit version of the software for the device. Then use WinRAR or similar and extract the exe to a folder. Within the folder you should have a bunch of folders and files. Try running the 'setup.exe' in compatibility mode for Vista. You will likely get an error or two but it should work, as it did for my QC4000.

If you just want the cam to work and don't use the software itself then you can go into Device Manager and 'Imaging Devices'. The cam should be listed there, then you can choose to 'Update device..' and point Windows to the folder you already extracted earlier, specifically the 'Drivers' folder. The cam may not be listed under 'Imaging Devices' but rather under 'Unknown Devices'. This also worked for my QC4000 when I simply wanted cam functionality without the software.

Hope this helps :)

I knew that. I actually copied the temporary files from C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280 into C:\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280 and then execute the SETUP.EXE. When the setup asked me to plug in my QuickCam Pro 5000, I found that it CANNOT detect QCPro 5000 even though I have already plugged it into a USB port, so I ended up skip the checking of the QCPro 5000 and install the Logitech Vid software & QCPro 5000 drivers anyway.

Then I found there is an Unknown Device in the Device Manager and I try to update the drivers and point the path to each of the following:

C:\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280\Drivers\x64\ELCH64
C:\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280\Drivers\x64\IM264
C:\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280\Drivers\x64\PRO564

but Windows 7 said it cannot found any drivers. I was finally able to successfully install the QCPro 5000 drivers by selecting the "Browse my computer for driver software" and then select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer".

Unfortunately, it turns out that my WebCam is not working even though the driver said "installation ok". And when I perform a reboot, I got a very first BLUE screen of Windows 7 due to the WebCam driver crashed my Windows ! I have to roll back to a previous restore point afterwards.

After I have restore my Windows 7 to a previous restore point, I found that the Windows Update have found an optional QCPro 5000 drivers for installation ! I installed it from Windows Update and it "seems" to be ok. Since the driver did not come with the Logitec Vid software, so I cannot verify whether the WebCam driver is working properly.

Lastly, I re-install the Logitech Vid software from C:\Logitech_Webcam_1.00.1280\ folder and this time everything works fine. I can use Logitech Vid to open my WebCam !

Last edited:
If none of the above solutions fixes your problem, install Virtual PC 2007 and download XP Mode and install your hardware/software in the virtual XP environment. I wasn't able to install Cisco VPN on the x64 W7 RTM, but I was successful in installing it in XPM as well as other 32 bit software that wasn't installing on the host PC. Tonight I'm going to try and install my printer driver that isn't supported under W7. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

However, once XPM is install and you get this type of error message:
"The Windows Installer does not permit installation from a Remote Desktop Connection"

Then you'll have to follow these easy steps to correct this:
1. Set XPM to be in a sizeable window format, not fullscreen.
2. In the XPM environment, using Windows Explorer (or My Computer), Copy the installation CD or drivers from your host PC to the local C drive of your XPM environment.
3. From XPM, click Tools, then select: Disable integration features
4. Log back in to XPM (you'll be auto-logged out after disabling intergration features)
5. Run the setup from the files you copied over to your XPM C drive.

Make sure you enable intergration features if you need to access your HDD, DVD/CD ROM or other stuff that is on the host PC. What's cool about virtual PC is that it's basically 2 OS's sharing one PC. Disabling and enabling the integration features is what established the connection between the physical host PC and the virtal PC.

Last edited:
I know that XP Mode helps to solve compatibilities problem but currently it is in RC, anyway, I have solved the WebCam driver issues in Windows 7 so I don't need to install XP Mode in the mean time.

Check this page for the Window 7 drivers...

Answer
I installed it and it disabled my desktop gadgets. I uninstalled it since I don't really need it. I was able to install the driver for it and I can use it with Yahoo Messenger and Skype. My desktop gadgets are more important. I like to keep an eye on my CPU Meter and I use a volume level gadget.

I installed it and it disabled my desktop gadgets. I uninstalled it since I don't really need it. I was able to install the driver for it and I can use it with Yahoo Messenger and Skype. My desktop gadgets are more important. I like to keep an eye on my CPU Meter and I use a volume level gadget.

Same happened to me - after uninstalling and reinstalling I received several errors and it is the only time that my Windows 7 crashed since I first installed it.

I hope Logitech comes up with native Windows 7 support for their webcams - otherwise it will probably be the last time I buy one. Very surprised that they haven't come up with it considering Windows 7 is already released.

I've always had problems with Logitech Software. Their hardware is Ok but their software sucks. I have a Logitech Keyboard that I've decided to never again install their software for. I found a gadget that will show the volume level. All the other media buttons work fine with Windows running them.

Attachments

• driver for Win7 Logitech Quick cam 5000 pro.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,340
Back