Windows 7 driver irql not less or equal

majorsasquatch

I randomly got this BSOD a couple times two weeks ago, and again today.

Really confused why it happens. I've looked around for solutions but nothing has worked so far.

I attached the dump file for the latest crash (I think I attached the right file? I hope?). Can also post laptop specs if needed.

Hope one of you guys can help, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 020915-26847-01.dmp
    316.6 KB · Views: 268
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8800c8da000, 2, 0, fffff880103c0294}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e22w7x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e22w7x64.sys
Probably caused by : e22w7x64.sys ( e22w7x64+19294 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this bugcheck is almost always caused by an errant driver and the dump file is blaming the Bigfoot Lan driver. I checked your systems support page and you do have updates available. (Please make sure that the support page is correct for your machine)

e22w7x64.sys Fri May 25 01:41:21 2012: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. A 2014 version is available here:
http://www.msi.com/support/nb/GE60_0ND.html#down-driver&Win7 64

Try updating anything that seems relevant. Most of your drivers are dated 2012 so anything later on the website you know has to be later..

Just a quick word about Avast AV. If the bsod still continues after updating drivers then try replacing Avast with MSE as it's ultra stable:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/security-essentials-download

Post any new dump files.

I'm confused. I downloaded the 2014 package for Bigfoot Lan from that site, and it said to uninstall Killer Network Manager when I ran it.

So I uninstalled that, and then ran the package again, but this time it said I had no Killer Network Manager and couldn't proceed.
I had to system restore, because I can't use internet without that program.

Not sure how I can update that driver if at the same time I need Killer installed, but also can't have it installed...

I just checked the FAQ and found this:
When connecting to the Internet, why did the system sometimes show this following BSOD error (e22w8x64.sys)? What should I do to resolve it?
Please update the Killer LAN driver to the version 1.1.41.1042 or later ones from the MSI official website.
When you tried to install the new driver set did you right click on the driver exe and click 'Run as admin'? If not I'd try that.

Ah, ok. The key was I had to restart after uninstalling Killer Network Manager.

I successfully updated it using your download. If the problem continues I'll follow your advice about MSE, or post the new dump file.

Thanks a lot dude,you relieved a lot of stress and frustration!

Great news! Hope all goes well but if not post back..

Back
Top Bottom