Windows 7 Driver not working.

Guru

I am using windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. When i accessed my device manager, It shows a device named SBRE is not working. It is under Non-Plug and Play Drivers tree. I took a look at the properties, in that I found driver tab. In that the current status showed stopped, when i made it to start, it displayed as

"The system encountered the following error while attempting to start the service

The system cannot find the file specified."

When I checked driver status in properties, it shows

"This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)."

Is there any prob????
What can i do????

Last edited:
Is there any prob????
I suppose it's up to you to decide whether or not it's actually a problem. If your machine is otherwise performing fine, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
It could be related to a chipset driver but if it's truly a very old legacy device then there may not be a satisfactory driver for Win7 available. If you could provide more information regarding your actual computer manufacturer, model name and number or motherboard manufacturer, model name and number and rev# we may be able to help further. You could even run the msinfo32 utility and save and zip a copy and attach it to your next post if you would like us to take a look. We may be able to see something specific to problem hardware devices.
Up to you
Good luck
Randy

Last edited:
I think it may be related to an anti spyware package called Counterspy - have you had that installed? If so an uninstall/reinstall my solve the problem

Last edited:
Good catch Pat. I saw that earlier but didn't think that the software would actually add devices to the machine. Turns out it does, sometimes as many as four;
sbaphd
sbapifs
SBRE
sbtis
Change view to show hidden devices in device manger to uninstall. Evidently both Counterspy and Vipre, both from Sunbelt Software can add these.
Here's a link to a removal tool for Vipre
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - how to uninstall VIPRE?

Good to hear. Glad you got it sorted out. The thanks should go to patcooke, his post is the one that got me to check into things a little more deeply. That's why it's always good to have more than a single person helping, to prevent tunnel vision and to help see other potential avenues for resolution. Anyhow, thanks for posting back and updating your thread. See you around the forums.

Good catch Pat. I saw that earlier but didn't think that the software would actually add devices to the machine. Turns out it does, sometimes as many as four;
sbaphd
sbapifs
SBRE
sbtis
Change view to show hidden devices in device manger to uninstall. Evidently both Counterspy and Vipre, both from Sunbelt Software can add these.
Here's a link to a removal tool for Vipre
Wilders Security Forums - View Single Post - how to uninstall VIPRE?
hey all i had this same problem after i installed ad-aware 10 pro. ithink it is another problem like microsoft security essentials has on windows7 with the MPKSL driver it is always trying to install. what is strange in my vista the MPKSL driver doesn't try to install when using MSE. when using ad-aware or vipre the SBRE driver trys to install on vista. ain't got no clues and haven't been able to find any anywhere. confused. thanks poorguy

Back