Windows 7 Driver support for DELL Latitude D810

Firstly I have to say I must have been pretty lucky since looking around the site...

Installation after partitioning my HDD (I separated my "My Docs" from my XP installation to a separate 3rd partition for when it comes to uninstallation time) went sooo quickly that I thought there must have been a problem... but no. Just super quick.

The dual boot option works perfectly and the Laptop with Win7 blazes away!

I have to say that I am still not keen on the Start bar's icon designs, from the white & tiny system ones, to the amount of space the quickstart and other icons take up. Seems like a step backwards to me somehow! But hey, the new design F1 car wings looked wierd a few months ago...! LOL.

Anyway,
I started to install the DELL drivers for the mouse pointer, sound etc. All of which, although working, couldn't be adjusted or configured. However I found that a lot of the drivers (being XP) were obviously not going to work in Win7.

I knew from the beta version, my DELL BT 350 chip is not supported natively, as there is no software to switch the radio on, or hardware on a Latitude D810, so I tried to download Vista DELL drivers.

Some, like the mouse pointer and sound worked like a charm. Bluetooth was a diferent matter. I had to go to the Toshiba website direct and again install a totally different version (the one for Tosiba Protege notebooks). Took me 30 minutes to find one that worked but now its spot on. Microsoft don't seem to have any agreements with Toshiba BT department for some reason.

The one issue I still need to sort and the one I need help on is the DELL QuickStart application. This allows me to control the blue FN key and specifically on the Latitude D810, the Sleep, Hibernate, Battery, CRT/LCD and Optical Drive Eject functionality, as well as other software specific functions such as de-activating internal adapters when on battery power for example. At the moment all are dead.

I have tried downloading various Vista versions from DELL driver support. Most say the system is not supported. Others just fail in other ways.

If any one has a link to some DELL QuickStart software that works with Win7 RC, please post...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say that I don't have a solution. However, I do have a question. I, too, have a Dell Latitude D810 and recently upgraded from Win Vista Business to Win 7 Pro. What did you do to get the sound to work? I haven't been able to get my sound to work no matter what I download or try.

I attempted the Vista drivers (R99254.exe) but they don't seem to have worked as I still have no sound. =(

Much appreciation and thanks!

You can bring the Quick Launch bar back like Vista.

Right-click on the taskbar,. choose New > Toolbar,. navigate to C:\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.\Internet Explorer,. select the Quick launch Folder and there It is ,.

Remove Dhow Text and Show Title an d move it to the left

Bluetooth support in Windows 7 for Dell Latitude D810

When clean-installing Windows 7 on my Dell Latitude D810, Windows was able to detect drivers successfully for almost all hardware in my computer. (However I did have to run Windows Update several times to download updated drivers for everything, including the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics card.)

The only hardware that did not work out of the box was the sound card and the Bluetooth. The sound simply did not work, and the Bluetooth light on the laptop was flashing rapidly (despite Device Manager saying the default bluetooth driver was working properly).

For the sound card, I successfully downloaded and installed Dell's Windows XP driver, which worked fine. (Running the R99254.exe file merely unzipped the drivers, which I had to install manually in Device Manager)

The Bluetooth card required more effort. Dell's XP driver does not work, and for this system Dell does not offer any Vista drivers. However, I was able to figure out that the bluetooth module in this computer is a Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module, and with a bit of Googling I found a Windows Vista 32-bit driver for this card for the Latitude D820 machine. However the module is the same, and after installing it I have full Bluetooth support.

I downloaded this bluetooth driver from:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

The installer updated my Bluetooth module firmware and installed the driver.

I am now running Windows 7 with no problems on my Latitude D810 - in fact it is running better than Vista!

Good luck!

When clean-installing Windows 7 on my Dell Latitude D810, Windows was able to detect drivers successfully for almost all hardware in my computer. (However I did have to run Windows Update several times to download updated drivers for everything, including the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics card.)

The only hardware that did not work out of the box was the sound card and the Bluetooth. The sound simply did not work, and the Bluetooth light on the laptop was flashing rapidly (despite Device Manager saying the default bluetooth driver was working properly).

For the sound card, I successfully downloaded and installed Dell's Windows XP driver, which worked fine. (Running the R99254.exe file merely unzipped the drivers, which I had to install manually in Device Manager)

The Bluetooth card required more effort. Dell's XP driver does not work, and for this system Dell does not offer any Vista drivers. However, I was able to figure out that the bluetooth module in this computer is a Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Module, and with a bit of Googling I found a Windows Vista 32-bit driver for this card for the Latitude D820 machine. However the module is the same, and after installing it I have full Bluetooth support.

I downloaded this bluetooth driver from:
Drivers and Downloads

The installer updated my Bluetooth module firmware and installed the driver.

I am now running Windows 7 with no problems on my Latitude D810 - in fact it is running better than Vista!

Good luck!

Unfortunately the audio driver seems to be bugged. You can use the Windows 2000, NT 4.0 or XP one and the same symptom occurs.

Try to bring down your volume to 0 and play a YouTube video or any video for that matter. The sound does not turn off! The application still has exclusive access of the audio device even when disabling exclusive access in Windows 7 so there's not much you can do here.

Are you experiencing the same problem as well?

Make sure you have the lastest vrsion of Flash to watch videos on youyube.

I've used the latest version 10.1 which has GPU-accelerated decoding and 10.xxx and there is absolutely no difference. I am not asking people to speculate on possible solutions, I am just curious if this occurs because of the driver.

I have a Latitude D810 so the hardware specifications are standard. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit with the latest drivers and the latest decoders.

I am not asking people to speculate on possible solutions, I am just curious if this occurs because of the driver.
Speculation? Yes

Gut Feeling? Yes

More than Likely? Yep

However,,,,

Have you tried a BIOS update?
Made sure Chipset drivers are installed?

After a bit of research taht I think is accurate,,, the board is a 915 Express Chipset board
so,,, this should work for the chipset drivers update Link Removed due to 404 Error

If you can nail down wheather or not it is Intel or Realtek or other audio,,, you might be able to use the drivers direct from them.

This might help.. but you can also put your Service Tag number Link Removed - Invalid URL and get the original specs which may tell you the exact model board in that system.

Last edited:
Windows 7 Works great on my Dell Latitude D810, much faster than XP.

I Did have the same problem as above with the sound driver, however downloaded the one for XP here
Link Removed - Invalid URL

And installed it using "run as administrator" and every thing is now fine.

Back