Windows 7 DRIVER_IRQL BSOD, Only When uTorrent Runs

GaryC

I've been having this terrible BSOD, but only when uTorrent runs. Otherwise, my computer does Protein Folding, ANSYS simulations and everything just fine. I've updated all my drivers to what I think are the best ones, but it still happens. I only use Microsoft Security Essentials as my anti-virus. As attached are the documents needed. Thank you so much for your help, guys!

Attachments

• BSOD.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
Maybe...Reinstall uTorrent?Check your network drivers are up to date?Don't use uTorrent (i.e: Get movies/music/whatever legitimately, so you don't ruin the media industry? Producers would be less inclined to make good films if they knew that once the film was released it would immediately be copied and downloaded off the internet. TL:DR - Don't get media off the internet)?Looking at your system - i7 2600K and GTX 670. That's about $700 - $750. And you're saying you don't want to pay ~$30 for a DVD? You get my point....Sorry for the long rant, but just think twice before clicking the download button.

You have 112 updates installed. Normally on a Windows 7 SP1 system you have about 130 to 140, so check Windows Update and download any available updates.

Have you checked your SSD's drivers are up to date? Also, how long have you used your SSD for? After a while, SSD memory tends to drop off a bit and the performance won't be as good as before.

You have two devices with problems:
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Virtual Miniport Adapter for Windows x64 This device is disabled.
ASUS Bluetooth This device is disabled.
Windows 7 has had problems with Bluetooth devices in the past (in my experience), so you may want to try uninstalling ASUS Bluetooth.

Just as a sidenote: If you have overclocked any parts on your computer, please return them to stock settings for now, but feel free to re-overclock if the problem is fixed.

All three dmps point to NETIO.sys:
Suggestions -
1. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your AntiVirus.
2. Update the driver for your network adapter
3. Disable the network adapter, reboot and see if the problem occurs again
4. Stop error message in Windows Server 2008, in Windows Vista, or in Windows Vista SP1: "0x000000D1" Try using the hotfix to see if that helps as well.

Last edited:
You have 112 updates installed. Normally on a Windows 7 SP1 system you have about 130 to 140, so check Windows Update and download any available updates.Have you checked your SSD's drivers are up to date? Also, how long have you used your SSD for? After a while, SSD memory tends to drop off a bit and the performance won't be as good as before.You have two devices with problems:Windows 7 has had problems with Bluetooth devices in the past (in my experience), so you may want to try uninstalling ASUS Bluetooth.Just as a sidenote: If you have overclocked any parts on your computer, please return them to stock settings for now, but feel free to reoverlcok if the problem is fixed.All three dmps point to NETIO.sys:Suggestions -1. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your AntiVirus2. Update the driver for your network adapter3. Disable the network adapter, reboot and see if the problem occurs.Stop error message in Windows Server 2008, in Windows Vista, or in Windows Vista SP1: "0x000000D1" Try using the hotfix to see if that helps as well.
1) I've checked Windows Update, and it didn't have any more.
2) My SSD was bought a few months ago, so that most likely isn't the problem.
3) After un-installing, wouldn't having the 'Unknown device' be an issue and cause instability? But, I've uninstalled it.
4) I've not overclocked anything.
5) Could I ask where you see the reference to "AntiVirus2" and "network adapter3"?
6) Noted about the hotfix.

Well, I've tried all that. Hope it works. So far, it's all right...

EDIT: Still the same NETIO.sys problem. I removed the old network driver, got it from Intel, disabled bluetooth from the BIOS, disabled the on-board audio from the BIOS. But it still BSODed.

Last edited:
Alright, at the moment I'm running the dumps through a more advanced debugging tool, will take a while to process them all.

In the mean time, try posting your problem here: Windows 7 Networking and see if anyone there can help.

Back