Windows 7 Drivers for HP 2000C in Win 7 Professional 64 bit

NolAloha

Posts by allenn for the HP 200C drivers seem to show that the printer can be installed using Win XP PRO drivers for the 32 bit version of Win 7, but a Jet Writer or similar device is needed.

Has anyone successfully gotten their HP 2000C to work with Win 7 64 bit?
I have 3 of these printers, and recently updated all my computers, not realizing the problem with the drivers. Apparently 32 bit unsigned drivers work with 32 bit Win , but the 64 bit drivers need to be digitally signed, and the HP 2000C drivers have not. While I can temporarily use my HP Laser 5L with no problem, really would like the 2000c to work.

It appears there are x64 Vista drivers for the printer. Have you tried those, unless this is what you mean by unsigned drivers.

I have not tried to use older drivers in x64 Win 7 since my device does not even have any x64 HP drivers written. If your only problem is whether the driver is signed, there may be a way around that, but I will have to check.

---------------------
Well, I checked, and it appears if you are trying to install the Vista x64 drivers as administrator and perhaps Vista compatibility, there may not be much else you can do. HP is very bad about not updating drivers for new operating systems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom