Windows 8 Dropbox doesn't launch on windows startup

Alaa

I'm not sure this is the right place for this but i'll give it a shot.

I also posted this here 3 months ago but i got no answers, and seems like other people are having the same issue.

A while ago everything was fine, but suddenly Dropbox stopped launching when i restart the computer, unless i start it manually (from C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe).
Note that in Task Manager it's set to run at startup (however, "status impact" says: Not measured).
Also, in Dropbox preferences, the option "Start Dropbox on system startup" is checked.
Again, it just suddenly stopped launching (i don't think i installed/uninstalled something).

* I'm using Windows 8

Any ideas?

Thanks

Put a shortcut into the startup folder. That folder you can access when you type shell:startup into the start/search field. Then hit Enter.

@whs
Put a shortcut into the startup folder. That folder you can access when you type shell:startup into the start/search field. Then hit Enter.

I navigated to shell:startup and found that there's already a Dropbox shortcut there. And its "target" is:

C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe /systemstartup

@bassfisher6522
3 and 4 are for Ubuntu users, so they're not relevant for me (i'm using Windows 8)
1 - Didn't work (tried both disabling my antivirus (Kaspersky Internet Security) and the suggested cmd commands (the operation completed successfully by it didn't solve the problem)
2 - Here it suggests using Windows Task Scheduler (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler) and creating a task at startup. I created a task (launching Dropbox.exe), checked the "configure for Windows 8" option, and let the "attempts times" be 3, and even this didn't help.

For windows 10: in the start/search field enter: shell:
Once you do this a window appears showing apps that can launch at startup.
Select dropbox and choose enable.

It worked for me

An even easier way: Hit alt control delete and choose task manager.
Hit the tab startup and enable dropbox in the window that appears

Back
Top Bottom