Windows 7 DVD CD Disk Drive

Rainbowdayz

My DVD disk drive is no longer working on my Sony Vaio laptop. Is any external disk drive compatible or do I need something compatible to Sony? Is it difficult to install a new internal disk drive? I'm terrible at things like that so an external is more appealing to me. The laptop really needs to be replaced so I don't want to put much money into it. Thx in advance !

As long as you have a usb port free, you can use any external cd/dvd drive. Is your laptop still under warranty? If so you should be able to have it replaced or repaired locally.

It still might be worth going to a local repair shop (BestBuy) and have it replaced. It's really not that hard if you wanted to attempt it yourself. It shouldn't cost that much either.

Hell it could be something easy to fix yourself...lent dust and small pieces of paper can clog the mechanism and stop it from working properly. Get a can of compressed air and blow out all the vents and port of the laptop. This should be done on a regular basis anyway...every two week or monthly.

Back
Top Bottom