Windows 7 DVR & Computer both need Ethernet cables

Rus

I have a D-Link router DIR-615/RE rated at 802l11b/g/n, a Motorola SB6121 Surfboard cable modem.

Right now I have my Tivo DVR connected to my router using Ethernet cabling so the DVR and Tivo can talk to one another.

I have my laptop computer connected to the Internet using WiFi through the router and modem.

Question # 1: Would streaming videos be better qualityif my computer was connected using Ethernet cabling instead of WiFi?

I need to keep my Tivo DVR connected via Ethernet.

Question #2: If I run an Ethernet cable from the router to my computerhow do I set up my router to feed Ethernet signals to my DVR and my computer?

Please let me know if I need to include additional info. Thanks.

I have a D-Link router DIR-615/RE rated at 802l11b/g/n, a Motorola SB6121 Surfboard cable modem.

Right now I have my Tivo DVR connected to my router using Ethernet cabling so the DVR and Tivo can talk to one another.

I have my laptop computer connected to the Internet using WiFi through the router and modem.

Question # 1: Would streaming videos be better qualityif my computer was connected using Ethernet cabling instead of WiFi?

I need to keep my Tivo DVR connected via Ethernet.

Question #2: If I run an Ethernet cable from the router to my computerhow do I set up my router to feed Ethernet signals to my DVR and my computer?

Please let me know if I need to include additional info. Thanks.

I've solved my own problem. I disabled the wireless access.

Back