Edge to become more Chrome

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The Edge browser is to change:

Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility for our customers and less fragmentation of the web for all web developers.
Microsoft Edge: Making the web better through more open source collaboration - Windows Experience Blog

Joey1394

Ukkk..!

I was never much of a IE browser person. Used Firefox many years. Started using Opera about a year ago. Tried Chrome but didn't like the lack of control. Too used to Firefox and Opera I guess.

Tried Edge browser several months back. I actually like it more than Chrome. So I switch between Opera and Edge now. Using Edge close to half the time. That's good , considering I thought I'd never use a browser from Microsoft.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
You have a lot of control over Chrome. Navigate to chrome://flags/ in chrome and there are a lot of settings you can tweak

Axel PC

Never knew about this @Neemobeer thanks!
What are your thoughts on Brave vs Chrome?

Axel PC

I'm curious to see how this new Edge/Chromium browser will be.

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Brave, Vivaldi, Opera and Chrome are all based on Chromium

Joey1394

Brave, Vivaldi, Opera and Chrome are all based on Chromium
I dual-boot this tower between Windows.10.pro & PCLinuxOS.kde. I've tried Vivaldi but didn't like that it is a bit less tweakable than Opera. Opera is seen as Chrome by websites.

I've even tried Palemoon browser. It is a spin-off Firefox, but doesn't let all the plugins from Firefox install.

My conclusion is to use Startpage or Duckduckgo for searching, and run Bleachbit once or twice a week. Then a browser is just a browser.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.