Windows 7 Edimax EW-7128g Problem

hohoXD123

Newbie here :D

Basically, I bought an Edmiax EW-7128G wireless PCI card to replace my Belkin USB adapter which was causing me problems. I put the card into an empty PCI slot however the hardware wasn't even recognised by my computer. I tried installing the driver and software but still nothing. I've also tried taking it out and putting it back in again numerous times, but to no avail. The device also doesn't appear in device manager at all.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate,
Motherboard is an old ASUS PTGD1-LA

I would really appreciate it if someone could help, thanks in advance! ;)

Have you tried another PCI slot that is known to be good, maybe one that is hosting your sound card or something else that you know to be working currently, just to eliminate the potential for one bad slot.
Are you sure that it is not showing anywhere in device manager, as an unknown device, or unknown ethernet controller.
If it's not showing at all in device manager, even as a problem device, then I think you may have to RMA it for a replacement card.
Can't find that card on the Windows 7 compatibility site, but I think it is basically a RaLink RT2561.

Have you tried another PCI slot that is known to be good, maybe one that is hosting your sound card or something else that you know to be working currently, just to eliminate the potential for one bad slot.
Are you sure that it is not showing anywhere in device manager, as an unknown device, or unknown ethernet controller.
If it's not showing at all in device manager, even as a problem device, then I think you may have to RMA it for a replacement card.
Can't find that card on the Windows 7 compatibility site, but I think it is basically a RaLink RT2561.
I tried putting it into another slot but it still doesn't work. I'm not too sure if my motherboard is compatible with it or not

Not sure what you mean by
I'm not too sure if my motherboard is compatible with it or not
It's a PCI card and as best I can tell you have 3 PCI slots on your board, so assuming that you can verify that at least one is working, by getting the OS to detect something that you plug into it, like a sound card, video card, modem, USB addon card, etc. then I don't think you have an overall compatibility issue.
If this is a relatively recent install of Windows 7, then perhaps you may need to visit the MoBo manufacturer's website, and see what they have for BIOS, chipset, etc.

Back
Top Bottom