Windows 7 Edit Windows Explorer Properties?

MoistDef

How do you edit Windows Explorer properties?

I was reading Tim Sneath's article and would like to edit Explorer's properties to start from My Computer as opposed to My Libraries.

This should work:

Right-click on My Computer, choose open, navigate to on the C: drive, navigate to the Windows folder and locate explorer.exe. Drag that file to the desktop, and choose Create shortcut here. Rename it to whatever you like. Now right-click and choose properties and add this after the .exe.( If it's highlighted, click your mouse button after the .exe),
now hit the space bar and type /n/e,::{20D04FE0-3AFA-A2E81069-0800B3039D}

The complete line should now look like this:\C:\windows\explorer.exe /n/e,::{20D04FE0-3AFA-A2E81069-0800B3039D}

Just copy and paste the above line into the Target box.

Thank you!

I actually figured it out another way. I had to type in "Windows Explorer" in the search and I was able to right click the search result and go to properties. I wish I could always right click an application and go to properties.

The way I did it, I changed the Windows Explorer target to:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

I then pinned it to my taskbar and changed the icon to a computer to represent My Computer.

Sorry guys,

Thanks Moistderf

I tried in on my Windows7 machine, and I have two independent monitors, created it in Vista, I couldn't copy and paste.

It was a spelling error on my count.
Glad to see you got it

Back