Windows 7 Empty Folder Problem?

cuad1780

Hello,

I just recently installed windows 7 on my desktop, and I finished transferring a folder containing my music, and videos from my external hard drive onto this desktop. The problem is, when I highlight over the folder, it says it's empty, and there's nothing inside it, but if I look at the properties of the folder, it says my music, etc. is in it. I'm not extremely computer proficient so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is this a bug or does anyone know what I could do?

Thanks!

[langtitle=vi]Re: Empty Folder Problem?[/langtitle]

[lang=vi]Chao admin va cac ban!
Minh cung gap phai rac roi tuong tu, minh có 1 folder bị empty nhung khi quet virus thi du lieu(chi chua file nhac hinh) bên trong vẫn còn. khi chon vao thu muc do de doi ten thi bao loi ko cho sua ten va doi quyen truy nhap voi thong tin kha dai"s-1-5-...".
Ban nao biet xin giup minh cach khac phuc.Cam on nhieu![/lang]

Last edited:
Re: [langtitle=vi]Re: Empty Folder Problem?[/langtitle]

Hi

Try creating a folder named Music Files and one named Video Files, then copy the files from the original folder on your external hard drive into them don't copy the entire folder.

If you named the folder My Music you may be running into some confusion because My Music is a file created by Windows 7 as a default and has some special properties.

I'm not sure about that but I think doing it the other way should work.

Mike

Last edited:

[lang=vi]Mình xài laptop và win7 64bit. thư mục bị empty nằm trong ổ E:/, mình copy thử một file khác vào thư mục đó nhưng nó vẫn ko có gì`, bên trên báo folder empty. admin có thể giúp mình cách khác được ko?xin hướng dẫn tường minh. Cảm ơn admin rất nhiều![/lang]

Hi

What is Drive E:\?
Is it a hard drive or a removable drive of some sort, like a CD or memory stick?

Mike

this folder inside e:/ drive hard disk. it is empty, althought it contains files(video).i want to fix to recover them. help me!thanks everyone!

Can you copy the folder back to the original drive, it's possible the drives aren't formated the same and the files will become visible when you move them back to the original drive. I'm guessing here!

Just for future information.
Never cut and paste a folder from on drive to another.
Always copy and paste it so that you can verify that the folder has arrived intact on the new drive before deleting it from the original source drive.

Mike

Try logging in as administrator.
See if that will let you do it.

How to Enable the Administrator Account

Open the command prompt with elevated privileges by clicking the Start orb, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and then select Run as administrator.

Type

net user administrator /active:yes

and then press Enter.

Log out and log back in as Administrator.

When you are done undue the process by doing the same thing and pasting in

net user administrator /active:no

Mike

Back