Windows 7 Enter Standby on power saving mode?

johdeck

Hi,

I have my computer configured to turn display off after 3 minutes.
After that time, the display turns off and when I press the power button on my pc case, it just turns the display on, so I have to press it again to enter standby mode.
Is there a way to make the power button enter standby immediately even on power saving?
I know this was working on Windows XP.

Any help is appreciated.

Even before I start solving this problem, I GOT to ask... Why do you have your display turn off every 3 minutes?

Power saving and sorry, my mistake.
I have screensaver configured for 3 minutes idle. Display turns off after 10 minutes.
Whatever is the screensaver state, it doesn't enter standby immediately when the display is on power saving mode.

I don't use these settings, but what would happen if you move your mouse to get out of powers save, and then press the button...

Maybe someone else knows different but I would guess that that's the price you pay for saving power. When it's in power saving mode, it's like sleeping to save energy. Any click of a button or movement of the mouse will not do it's designated function but first wake up the computer.

I was hoping there was a hidden setting cos it was working that way in Windows XP.
Well, I'll just have to get used to it.
Thanks!!

The advanced power save mode settings has many options to choose from. I suggest you compare your configurations with someone who uses the same functions as you. Maybe even try it on a different computer with the same OS and see if the behaiviour is the same.

Back
Top Bottom