Windows 10 Error sending mail with pdf attachments in Live Mail

grcuthbertson

I tried to send an email with 3 PDF file attachments (about 18 KB each). This gave an error but with no details or error code. There was nothing in the Outbox or Sent Items. After about 5 minutes the mail actually was sent but still didn't show in Sent Items. It showed with "(1/2)" in the subject line and 2 DAT files also arrived with "(1/2)" and "(2/2)" in their subject lines. How can I stop this happening?
Update - seems to work OK with one or two of the PDF files but not three.

Last edited:
I tried to send an email with 3 PDF file attachments (about 18 KB each). This gave an error but with no details or error code. There was nothing in the Outbox or Sent Items. After about 5 minutes the mail actually was sent but still didn't show in Sent Items. It showed with "(1/2)" in the subject line and 2 DAT files also arrived with "(1/2)" and "(2/2)" in their subject lines. How can I stop this happening?
Update - seems to work OK with one or two of the PDF files but not three.

Please provide details about the software (e-mail client) used.
was it Outlook Express or a different software?

In the mean time it may be worth trying a different client or a web based email to suggest whether or not the problem lies with Live Mail.

windows-live-mail is discontinued software … however, it was the successor to both windows-mail as well as outlook-express .

windows-live-mail / menu / accounts / properties / advanced / … uncheck "break apart messages larger than …"

Back