Error when logging into .local domain

asylv0

I have a VM running Windows Server 2019 on my laptop. Both are connected to working internet. I set up a .local domain (sylvernet.local) and created a user linked to the domain. However, when I try to log in to the user on my laptop (running W10 Edu, main user logged in with my school email) using the typical domain log in process (SYLVERNET\jay.sylver), but it says it cannot sign in using this method and requests for me to use an email. So I use [email protected] (as I see on the server after my login name it has that there). However it says password is incorrect, in which it isn't. I even tried resetting the password, and I know its right because its the password for the server's Admin account. What would I do in this case?

- Jay Sylver

Logging in to the domain account from the server (the VM) provides me with a "method not allowed" error (see attached screenshot). I even reset the server, and tried to do it from another version of Windows Server (2016). Also, trying to find the link a Windows 10 (LTSC Eval) VM to the domain and it did not work. I have also disabled firewall on my host.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    581 KB · Views: 148
Wow... I added my account to 3 groups, and I'm able to log in to the Server and Client. We'll see if I can log into one of the PCs when I'm able to, and if I am, this is being marked as solved.

- Jay Sylver

Back