Windows 8 Everything running 32 bit

dompoma

Im not sure why, but since I have upgraded to win 8, all of my programs are running in 32 bit that were previously running 64 bit on win 7. Any reasons for this?
32 bit.PNG

Can you post a screen shot of system information. Move mouse to lower left corner to show start screen popup, right click to get the admin menu, then select system.

I just wanted to verify your system is 64 bit. Now, the software titles that are in question, are they 64 bit software when they were installed in windows 7.

Did you upgrade to windows 8 or preform a clean install of windows 8?

I wiped my computer and before I installed win 8. I then re-installed all of the programs. The software titles have the option to be 32 bit or 64 bit.

The software titles have the option to be 32 bit or 64 bit.

This is not normal, software is either downloaded or purchased as either 32 bit or 64 bit. There are a few exceptions and the only exceptions that I know of are operating systems. When purchasing a MS OS as a retail version and not OEM, you get both versions of bit type.

So you either have the wrong bit type installed or there is something else going on here.

What software in particular are we talking about here? Where did you get if from?

This is completely normal. The apps in question are 32bit as are most apps but the OS is 64bit

You can purchase a 64-bit version of Office to resolve that issue, but I honestly don't see any benefits in doing so.

Back