Windows 7 Exciting Blue Screen & other problems (?)

I am starting to suspect the slot, as you had said earlier that you had tested the card without issue in another computer.

When you install the addin graphics card have you set the integrated card to disabled?
If it is the slot, how could I prove it? and what could I do about it?
Other than taking the nVidia card back and swapping it for something completely different, maybe even going to an ATI (AMD) card and using that to test.
Then I would assume if the ATI drivers start showing up in your dump files you might reasonably assume that the slot itself may be the problem.
As to what to do about it, other than potentially seeking some resolution through a product warranty and RMA if that is an option, I would think that the only other solution might be a motherboard replacement.
And again, just by way of confirming, you are certain that your power supply is suitable for and supports the amperage requirements of that card?

I am positive my power supply is good for the card - and the card that I had when this problem began was a GeForce 8600 GT, which is fairly old and doesn't even have a power connection. I may try to find a cheap ATI card and test it, but I suspect I will end up swapping out the motherboard anyway.

I really can't thank you enough for all the trouble you have gone to on my behalf - I learned a ton of stuff simply by reading your posts and following your advice. Thank you.

I do have one final question, about Driver Sweeper: when I open the program, it still displays both NVIDIA and AMD display drivers, even though I have 'cleaned' the NVIDIA driver. Does it show anything that has been there, or does this mean something went wrong?

Regarding the use of Driver Sweeper and your results.
I can only speak to my personal results before running driver sweeper on my own Nvidia installation, after analyzing for both "Display" and "PhysX";
Link Removed due to 404 Error
Compared to my results, after running driver sweeper on my Nvidia installation
Link Removed due to 404 Error
I think the important thing to notice is, that while there may be remnants remaining the actual driver nvlddmkm.sys and the associated .dll that would likely call that driver are gone.

Back
Top Bottom