Windows 7 Expression web 3

penderra

I have installed Expression Web 3, but when I try to enter the serial number, UAC asks for program permission. When I click to allow, the busy circle runs for a second or two, then stops. The serial number is not accepted. However, when I ran EW3 as Administrator, everything went fine and the serial was accepted and I was told that I would not be prompted again.
However, now, when I try to run EW3, if I run as normal, I am prompted for the serial, if I run as administrator I am not. I have tried it on my Vista machine and the number goes in first time, without a problem and runs normally thereafter.

This has not happened with any other software I have installed on my W7 machine.

There is an entry on the compatibility tab in properties to set the program up for all users. Maybe you could try that as administrator.

Yes, I had already done that. Trouble is that even then the UAC pop-up window still raises its ugly head and I have to confirm. I don't particularly want to disable UAC altogether, but it is getting that way!

Back