Windows 10 External DVD/CD burner purchase

brod298

Extraordinary Member
Hi there,
I bought a new PC HP Omen that does not have DVD/CD drive in it. I have many DVDs and CDs with pictures etc that I made on my old PC.
I would like to buy external DVD/CD burner to be able to watch on new PC CDs/DVDs I already have and to be able to burn on DVD/CD pictures that I already have on my new one.
I know nothing about that so please advise which one to buy that will serve best for my use.
Thank you

They all plug via USB so literally any will work. Some have a power brick and others will be dual USB for power and data. Honestly newer ones may be different. The one I usually use is like 10 years old.

They all plug via USB so literally any will work. Some have a power brick and others will be dual USB for power and data. Honestly newer ones may be different. The one I usually use is like 10 years old.
Thank you, I'll go some some good brand and possibly Blue Ray so it can do DVD and CD I guess :)

I've had good luck with LG or Samsung brands. If it's USB 2 or 3 make sure to check the cable it may be a Y shaped USB A to micro or mini with one of the USB A ports used for power if that is the case make sure your computer has two usb ports next to each other as the cables isn't typically very long.

I've had good luck with LG or Samsung brands. If it's USB 2 or 3 make sure to check the cable it may be a Y shaped USB A to micro or mini with one of the USB A ports used for power if that is the case make sure your computer has two usb ports next to each other as the cables isn't typically very long.
Thank you so much.

It is possible to purchase longer cables. We have found that braided cables last longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom