External monitor won't work?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by hallchr, Nov 14, 2009.

1. hallchr

hallchr New Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I currently have a macbook pro 15 inch 2.5 ghz with which I have been utilizing both Windows and OS. The external monitor has always worked on both systems but now that I upgraded to window's 7 it doesn't seem to work anymore. I do remember that when the monitor was ever reconnected I had to go to nvidia control panel and switch it to dual mode. How can I get my monitor to start working again? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Now I just found out my sound doesn't work either?
  2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Jan 26, 2009
    The nest way to install Windows 7 is ny performing a "clean" install.

An upgrade leaves hundreds of useless file s on you system and an cause conflicts, as you are seeing bow,
  3. greenarrow1

greenarrow1 New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    One thing when you post you should relate to exactly what to what. What Windows are you using now and what version of Windows 7 do you have? Is it 32 or 64 bit? Did you upgrade your video card drivers and sound drivers so they are supported by Windows 7? As stated previously a clean install is the best way to go and if you are using a Windows 7 upgrade than create a partition and clean install it. It will see your other Windows OS and it will validate your install. When you do a upgrade like you did you do nothing but continue with the junk files that a clean install would not have.

Remember also that you should update your motherboard drivers also so they are compatitlbe with Windows 7.