Windows 10 Feb 14 upgrade ruined my PC!!!

Malasuerte

A "Windows update" of some sort automatically pushed to my pc. When the of came back, my cursor was uncontrollable, my browser changed to Bing as the default search engine and who knows what else!

I am doing a restore in hopes of it being my pic back to the previous state.

Microsoft WTF?????? What is the issue and why do you allow this to happen?

How do I fix the issue if restore does not work?

Sorry you have an issue but we are not 'Microsoft'. We are simply a volunteer based forum helping folk out with mainly Windows issues
As for your restore not working, you could try a Reset?.

Sorry you have an issue but we are not 'Microsoft'. We are simply a volunteer based forum helping folk out with mainly Windows issues
As for your restore not working, you could try a Reset?.

I realize this is not MS; I am seeking any help as I have tried everything I can find. I am about ready to just reformat my whole pc...but that presents a whole new issue...like my product key is worn off, so have no idea what is is. :(

If you upgraded to windows 10 then it shouldn't matter as the key is online and you'll activate automatically.

Hi

It's a good idea to still create a restore point at regular intervals just like the old days.
I use a program called "Restore Point Creator" (not very creative name wise) that you can download for free.

Download Restore Point Creator - MajorGeeks

In addition you should create a system image that will completely restore your System Drive in a matter of minutes.
I use EaseUS Todo Backup.

Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free

This software will create a boot disk that will boot and restore your computer if it becomes unbootable and return it to the exact condition that it was when you made the backup.

For me it takes only about 20 minutes to make a backup or restore one.
It's very easy just a matter of a few clicks.

If you don't have a second hard drive or partition you will need to create a backup partition using disk management, to save your backups on.

Either of these can save you from having to go through the reinstall and restore everything process you are stuck in now.

Mike

You can get your product key with the following
  • Open a powershell prompt and type
  • $(Get-WmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey

Back