Windows 7 Feint screen? inverter?

robertpri007

On a brightness scale of 0-10, my Asus laptop is a .5
I can only see it with room lights off.
A friend told me it might be the display inverter so I ordered one. However, it will take a month from Hong Kong.

Does this sound like the right approach?
Or is there something else that could cause this?

Inverter is the most likely cause and is the first thing I'd try. Surprised you need to get one from China thought. Bought one recently for my Samsung laptop on ebay for less than £10 inc p&p.

Inverter is the most likely cause and is the first thing I'd try. Surprised you need to get one from China thought. Bought one recently for my Samsung laptop on ebay for less than £10 inc p&p.

Thanks. I didn't know it was coming from Hong Kong until submitting all the data and reading the shipping details. But I have already bought another replacement laptop, so the wait is no problem. I don't need two so will try to sell this one when fixed.

Inverter is likely the cause, but you should also wanna try dismantling the LCD cover and take a look at the connection on both end of the LCD which is near the two hinges. I have seen burnt wire connection many times, soldering it back worked for me.

Many thanks. That will be my next step. The square plastic edge popped off easily enough except for the top where the web cam is located. I hesitated putting too much force as it seemed to be near breaking. I saw some videos on how to pop it off, but it is really attached firmly. I've also read about the potential for breaking web cam wires.

So i have only popped off the bottom and sides and it's enough to gain access to the inverter. I hope that works.

Back