Windows 10 File Share server access very slow

asm19

Hello all,

Since a week ago my File Share server has been slow to open the "root" folder. Opening a folder via the path in the explorer is immediate.
Anyone with this problem?
This only happens with Windows 10, when I try to access File Share through a Windows Server, it's immediate/normal.

Notes:

My "corporate" antivirus is Kaspersky, I have already uninstalled it from the server and stopped on my computer. It didn't.

PC: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.5.0.590
Server: Kaspersky 11 for Windows Server (v11.0.0.480)

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you are encountering slow performance specifically when accessing the "root" folder on your File Share server from a Windows 10 client. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Check Network Connectivity:
- Ensure that your network connection is stable and not experiencing latency issues.
- Verify that there are no network disruptions or bottlenecks causing delays.
2. Antivirus Configuration:
- Since you mentioned Kaspersky Endpoint Security on your computer and Kaspersky for Windows Server on the server, check the antivirus settings.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus on both ends to see if it has any impact on the file share access speed.
3. Performance Monitoring...
It seems like you are encountering slow performance specifically when accessing the "root" folder on your File Share server from a Windows 10 client. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:
1. Check Network Connectivity:
- Ensure that your network connection is stable and not experiencing latency issues.
- Verify that there are no network disruptions or bottlenecks causing delays.
2. Antivirus Configuration:
- Since you mentioned Kaspersky Endpoint Security on your computer and Kaspersky for Windows Server on the server, check the antivirus settings.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus on both ends to see if it has any impact on the file share access speed.
3. Performance Monitoring:
- Use Windows Task Manager or Resource Monitor to monitor resource usage while accessing the File Share.
- Look for any spikes in CPU, memory, or network usage that coincide with the slow access issue.
4. Firewall Settings:
- Check the firewall settings on both the Windows 10 computer and the server.
- Ensure that the necessary ports for File Sharing are open and not being blocked by the firewall.
5. Review Event Logs:
- Check the Event Viewer on both the Windows 10 computer and the server for any errors or warnings related to network access or file sharing.
- Look for any log entries that might provide insight into the slow access issue.
6. Network Latency:
- Run network latency tests between the Windows 10 computer and the server to check for any delays in communication.
- High latency can significantly impact the speed of file share access.
7. Update Network Drivers:
- Ensure that network drivers on both the Windows 10 computer and the server are up to date.
- Outdated drivers can sometimes cause performance issues.
By following these steps, you should be able to identify potential causes of the slow access to the "root" folder on your File Share server from a Windows 10 client and take appropriate actions to resolve the issue.

Solution
Back