Firefox, Chrome & Opera help needed

brkkab

Fantastic Member
Does anyone hace any good about:config tweaks for speeding up Firefox, Chrome & Opera???
Unsure if the one's I know still work, as their anywhere from 5-7 years old now.
Thank's for any help.

livix07

Does anyone hace any good about:config tweaks for speeding up Firefox, Chrome & Opera???
Unsure if the one's I know still work, as their anywhere from 5-7 years old now.
Thank's for any help.
Do you mean the version of Firefox, Chrome and Opera installed on that computer is 5-7 years old?

brkkab

Fantastic Member
No, I mean the about:config tweaks I know are that old.
All the browsers are the current version, that aren't beta's (I/e: no Edge w/Chromium, etc.)

tommanheier

I think it is better to download the latest version of Firefox https://rocketfiles.com/ for example and use it instead of looking for some tweaks. They ahve increased the speed of the browser and it is a big plus for Firefox nowadays.

Last edited:

Spirit Wolfe

Honorable Member
First off how often do you clear your cookies and your cache?

If you are like some of my family members (almost never) you might want to try that first. I would warn you once you clean out your history your websites saved there WILL BE GONE! I would save them as bookmarks fist so you will not loose them. As far as the cookies...they regenerate every time you go to that site.

I use A LOT of plug-ins and add-ons that are offered through the Mozilla Community which enhances my browser's on-line time and so my browser's size in memory can get pretty big (sometimes over 1.5GB) depending on the demands I make from Firefox... I am on the Beta Channel and I think the current version is v69b10.

Cheers!

《♤》Sawuwaya / Spirit Wolfe《♤》

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

☆☆☆ 》Tapatalk users: 《☆☆☆

If you like my post & I was helpful -- PLEASE consider giving KIN...