Windows 7 Firefox runs in safe mode

rizandaas

Hi
Well for the last few weeks a have a need problem. Firefox runs in safe mode. I was doing a few experiments to decrease the usage of Ram and disabled a few programs that i thought were not required like bluetooth, touchpad, etc (dont remember the others) and a few start up items like utorrent, etc. After restarting my laptop i got this problem now dont know how to fix this. lol hehehehe

Firefox's safe mode is a way to troubleshoot issues by disabling certain add-ons and extensions. However, you may find that your browser is stuck in this mode and cannot return to its normal state. Follow this guide to find out how to restore your browser to the way it was before.
  • Make sure that Firefox is completely closed. If you are having trouble closing Firefox, restart your computer.
  • Check to see that you didn't update your Firefox shortcut to make it start in safe mode. If your shortcut does start Firefox in safe mode, follow these instructions to fix it:
    • Right click on the Mozilla Firefox shortcut.
    • Choose "properties."
    • Click on the tab labeled "shortcut."
    • Check the "Target:" box to see if it includes "-safe-mode" at the end. If it does, change it to say "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe."
  • Open Firefox from the "All Programs" menu. If you are opening Firefox through your recently used applications on your Windows start menu, you may be opening it in safe mode inadvertently.
I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

well i tried to what u said Brett but when i change the name in the shortcut it says that this location does not exists and i looked in program files mozila firefox and it did not exist. any more suggestions. other a fresh installation as i do not want to loose my favourite shortcuts and passwords

Back