Windows 7 [Fixed] Multiple problems with Windows 7

Do I have to reinstall Windows 7 or is it OK to keep the current setup?

• Yes, but you can still use the Tiny7 version

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but you should install the full copy of Windows 7.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, you should stay with the current setup.

• No, there is a fix for it.

• Other answer (comment below the answer)

• Total voters

NightEagle

I have a problem with my Windows 7 computer. I installed a modified version of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit called Tiny7 (search it on Google). which is basically a version of Windows stripped down of unnecessary features in order to keep it lightweight for older computers. I decided to install this on my old XP desktop. It works well, until I discover that certain features don't work.

The first one is the Troubleshooting section. Every time I try to go to fix a problem it shows this:
error report.png

I decided to search Google to see if I could get said copy of that file to see if I could fix the issue manually. But unfortunately the results I got were basically spamware. If I did copy a "msdt.exe" over from someone giving me a copy of theirs or so, would it work?

The next problem is with System Restore. If I wanted to create a restore point should I need to fix my computer, it comes up with this:

error report 2.png

This one is less detailed, so really, I can't give any information on this one, nor have I tried anything.

I did various other troubleshooting options to fix the issues. I booted into Safe Mode, went to command prompt, did "sfc /scannow" and it came back saying there were corrupted files, but Windows could not repair them.

Of course, this is what I should expect from a slimmed down, modifed version of Windows, but I would really appreciate some troubleshooting advice.

Thanks!

All your problems are related to that Tiny7 OS !

If you need a trimmed down Windows 7 it would be better if you install a normal one and then disable all the functions you don't need !

Windows Tiny7 is a "special" version of Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 6.1.7600.16385 RTM.
This is NOT an official MS release !

OTT

All your problems are related to that Tiny7 OS !

If you need a trimmed down Windows 7 it would be better if you install a normal one and then disable all the functions you don't need !

Windows Tiny7 is a "special" version of Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 6.1.7600.16385 RTM.
This is NOT an official MS release !

OTT

Thanks for the help. I installed the full clean version of Windows and tuned it to make it more lightweight. I may think about Windows 8, but the desktop may be too old for that OS.

Back