Windows 7 Flight Simulator X on windows 7 problem

s7y

Hello there, I have tried to install FS X on my pc but I keep getting "Unhandled Exception Error Number: 0x80040706 Description: Object reference not set Setup will now terminate" followed by "Error Number: 0x80040707 Description: DLL function call crashed: ISRT._WaitOnDialog Setup will now terminate.

DEP is off. This is my hardware:

CPU I7 965 extreme
RAM Corsair pc1600 dominator (3 x 2gb)
Video Card Nvidia FX5800 Quadro
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme

I have visited different forums and tried all solutions but I still get the errors. Can anybody please help me solve this?
Thanks in advance for all the help

That's an interesting problem because my MS flight sim X works just fine. You might try installing by right clicking on the setup.exe file and telling it to run as administrator. I find that helps when installing games. Then of course trying compatibility modes and updating graphics and directX drivers.

make sure you dont have sql server on the computer as i had this problem and there was confliction with fs x and sql so if you do uninstall it

Flight Simulator X service pack/SIMS 3

I installed FSX and the program seemed to work fine untill I installed the recomended service pack. After that service pack installation an error msg appeared about unable to find a system 32 DLL file. My entire desktop was missing along with the taskbar icons.

Thanks to RESTORE I was able to recover and bring those ICONs back to the desktop and taskbar. Prior to the installation of FSX I had installed SIMS 3. My first attemep at installing SIMS3 failed with a errpr message stating my Direct X was not currrent. After updating to Direct X 11, SIMS3 and it's update worked fine with Windows7. Just to be on the safe side, I picked my restore point to before SIMS3 was installed.

Back