Windows 7 Folder just docks in the taskbar but does not open

voyager13

Hi,

I have a lot of folders on my desktop and up until today I was easily able to open them with a double click. I haven't installed anything new. Now when I double click any folder it just docks in the taskbar but doesn't open. I click on the folder on the task bar but nothing happens!! Right-clicking only gives options for Windows Explorer (even that doesn't open and behaves as the normal folder does), unpin this folder from the taskbar, and close the folder.

Please help.

I could only think of a couple of things.

Do you have the folder options set to open folders with one or two clicks.

If you right click the folder on the Desktop, is the first option to OPEN (bolded) or something else?

You might try holding Shift, then right clicking, to see if any useful optons are available.

I could only think of a couple of things.

Do you have the folder options set to open folders with one or two clicks.

If you right click the folder on the Desktop, is the first option to OPEN (bolded) or something else?

You might try holding Shift, then right clicking, to see if any useful optons are available.

Thanks Saltgrass. The problem got solved as I realised I have a second monitor which was shut and which acts as screen 2. I was trying everything in desperation and so I unplugged the second monitor from the main computer and the problem corrected!! Though I do not know why it corrected, but perhaps in future for those with two monitors and one computer, this can happen also :)

Thanks Saltgrass. The problem got solved as I realised I have a second monitor which was shut and which acts as screen 2. I was trying everything in desperation and so I unplugged the second monitor from the main computer and the problem corrected!! Though I do not know why it corrected, but perhaps in future for those with two monitors and one computer, this can happen also :)
Hello
It's been a long time since you wrote this solution. I just registered to thank you for it! I spent a very anxious 45 minutes searching various sites and trying everything!! Yours was the one that worked. Many, many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom