Windows 7 Fonts Keep Disappearing

Murkurial

I've installed a font manager called "Main Type," (prior to this is was "Extensis Suitcase") and for some reason when I load the fonts up and/or install them, when I go back to the fonts folder it only lists about 10 fonts total. I go from the initial number of system fonts (about 248), to about 10.

What's more, the reason that I did this is because Photoshop would get incredibly bogged down if I activated the 20,000+ fonts that I have. Instead I use a manger to activate the ones that I want to use and this worked fine on Windows XP. Now, though, when I activate a font family (some 50+ fonts) at one time, most of the system fonts disappear from the Fonts folder and in Photoshop I don't get the option of viewing the many different types of fonts (italics, bold, bold italics, etc.) for that specific font (in this case Helvetica).

Is there a way to just start over from scratch and have Windows just rebuild the font folder?

Curious if you fixed this issue and how? I have Extensis installed and had no issues until today trying to install fonts and I only had 10 or 12 showings as I try to copy any that are not showing it says it's already installed. I had about 327 fonts installed and hear it can handle more. Also in the Fonts folder when viewing the fonts they don't display right. All the fonts work inside the programs like Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash etc. Is this an extensis issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Here's what I did to fix this. Did a system restore and all fonts came back. Not sure if this is the fix for everyone that has this issue but just so you guys know what fixed my problem. Back up and runnin

Here's what I did to fix this. Did a system restore and all fonts came back. Not sure if this is the fix for everyone that has this issue but just so you guys know what fixed my problem. Back up and runnin

That's what I had to do as well. In both cases actually. Since then I don't think I've used either of the font managers because it keeps happening. I just installed a couple of fonts for a project that I was working on in Photoshop and left it at that.

Hopefully I'm not chancing it but left Suitcase Fusion 2 on my PC, the thing is I don't think it's the font manager that caused my issue since it's been installed and the problem just happened yesterday or day before. Will update if the conflict arises again.

I did a system restore and it fixed my issue it was doing what you state only showing 10 fonts after I added a few fonts only. Maybe you want to try to reinstall the Main Type app, my friend is using that app w/o any issues. There is a maximum amount of fonts that Windows 7 supports I think it was 800 or so?

Back
Top Bottom