Forum on XF 2.2 Beta

There's bugs everywhere; I can't log in half the time. I can't post half the time. For both I get the "OPPS security message of something gone wrong. Then the constant double posting. Then not being able to edit my own post.

Nothing personal.....buy why do you insist on running the beta software on a live forum. Run that on a VM not attached to the live forum. That way can identify and sort out any issues and report that to the hosting server software company...ie Xenforo. Do you get paid to run the BETA?

There's bugs everywhere; I can't log in half the time. I can't post half the time. For both I get the "OPPS security message of something gone wrong. Then the constant double posting. Then not being able to edit my own post.

Nothing personal.....buy why do you insist on running the beta software on a live forum. Run that on a VM not attached to the live forum. That way can identify and sort out any issues and report that to the hosting server software company...ie Xenforo. Do you get paid to run the BETA?
No let me know if the oops message is still coming up as it shouldn't be. Also this isn't beta anymore and hasn't been for quite a few days. The changes that were made should improve the editor and experience of visiting the website. I am not getting any of those OOPS security errors or anything. Where are you seeing this?

yes mike the oops message is still there but it happens less offen mate

Also this isn't beta anymore and hasn't been for quite a few days
Holy crap....I stupefied! Really! Well that's some welcomed news.

I couldn't even log on yesterday. I can today but....I have to leave the box checked for "staying" log in. I never do that, it's just what I've always done....same for browsers....I don't need or want to stay logged in....I don't sync any devices. If I uncheck the box to stay logged in....then the Security OPPs error message pop ups.

just replied to a post and got the opps error message, clicked refresh and it double posted. I see a lot of that.

I have experienced a number of these myself, although when I get the Oops message I just close it and refresh the page to avoid double posting. I have also had to clean up a number of double posts by users.

Got the oops message while posting this

The 'oops' message is still occuring as is the double posting.

Yup:

Screenshot 2020-11-04 103947.jpg

When this happens can you guys hit F12 and see if there are any errors popping up in Chrome, screenshot? Thank you

Well nevermind actually it just happened here... Investigating...

OK, a change was made but its only a bandaid. Let me know if it happens even one time again please.

I didn't get the oops message or at least didn't see it but did get a double post.

I didn't get the oops message or at least didn't see it but did get a double post.

I still get the "OPPS" when I do my regular login.......not checking the box to stay logged in. It's just habit. When I do that I get the oops message. Yes....still get the double postings.

It also does something else weird.....like this reply. Once I hit the "post reply" tab......it will post the reply but will have the reply in the reply window for the next post as if typed it again. Which I didn't do.

I got the "OPPS" giving a like. Now I see all my posts are needing moderator approval......WTF!

Back