Windows 7 found.000 folder problem

guypenghuni

My brother accidentally put some folders in the found.000 folder. I dont know why he did that. All the folders contain pictures, games and movies. But when i tried to copy the folders back to their original places it says "cannot create or replace xxxx: Access is denied. Make sure the disc is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use". When i double-click one of the folders, it says " H:\found.000\xxxx is not accessible. Access is denied". All the contents in each folder are also gone. So is there a way for me to recover back the folders ?

Thanks

I am sure you realize that type of folder is from a disk checking utility that puts pieces of files it finds but doesn't know what to do with. It is normally a hidden-system file. Do you have the unhide System files option unchecked in folder options?

You might look through the net to see if anything shows up such as this link.

But I would hate to tell you to try something that might keep you from possibly being able to recover them later. I do not really understand how he was able to move files into that folder in the first place unless it may not really be what it looks like.

If you cannot access it, you might try to copy it to another location, like the Desktop and try again. You might even try changing the name to see if you can access it, but again, doing so may cause the contents to be lost.

Or you might be able to use the utility that created the file to recover its contents, but I do not know.

Back